SNK and Atlus are preparing for launch on the upcoming fighter The King of Fighters XIV for PlayStation 4 and shared its latest trailer for E3 2016, featuring many of its characters in action. Check out the latest features below, along with the latest trailer!
About The King of Fighters XIV:
The legendary fighters in the upcoming The King of Fighters XIV will be making their stateside debut thanks to a partnership between SNK Playmore and Atlus U.S.A. The vaunted fighting game series, which first made its debut 1994, is entering a new evolution with The King of Fighters XIV thanks to series-first 3D graphics and debuting exclusively on the PlayStation 4 console. The King of Fighters XIV will arrive to consoles later in 2016.
The King of Fighters XIV Features:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, move sets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updated it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s net code for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.